The purpose of this fund is:
- To provide assistance for Ngāi Tahu tribal members towards essential living costs in situations of serious hardship (where there is no other avenue for help); and
- To recognise regional and national achievement in sport.
General Criteria for Funding Assistance
- Applicant must be registered on the Ngāi Tahu (Whakapapa) register.
- Applications can be submitted at any time on the official application form. The number of applications per person is limited to one per year.
- Proof of identity is required e.g., drivers licence, passport, community services card.
- Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu staff are not eligible to apply.
Specific Criteria for Hardship Funding Assistance
- If you are receiving a benefit/superannuation from Work and Income NZ (WINZ), you should provide a letter from them which states details of your benefit and what assistance is or is not available.
- Applications must include:
- Most recent monthly bank statements for all bank accounts;
- Evidence of all other outstanding debts/accounts; and
- Pre-printed bank deposit slip or invoice showing bank account details of supplier (where request is for payment of a bill)
- Confirmation of all income, including partners income (if applicable)
- What steps you have taken to withdraw KiwiSaver funds (if applicable)
Specific Criteria for Recognition of Sporting Achievement Funding
- Confirmation of applicant’s selection or qualification for regional or national team from the relevant organisation.
- Pre-printed or bank verified deposit slip or bank statement for the account the funding is to be paid into.
- Identification copy and signed application form
- Pūtea Manaaki sporting recognition form